Selling your property can become quite an expensive process, not only do you have to consider the estate agent fees, which alone can be thousands of pounds, but you also need to think about additional costs such as legal fees, prices for surveys, stamp duty and any costs relating to searches etc. In fact the costs associated to a house sale can be so large that it actually makes the selling of your home impossible, especially if you are going to make a big loss. For this reason more and more people are choosing to sell house privately, i.e. selling their home themselves without an estate agent, therefore saving themselves thousands of pounds.
Though it can seem very appealing to sell your house yourself and save on the large estate agent costs, you should be aware that private property sale is not an easy or simple process. In order to sell a house, especially if you would like a fast sale, you need to familiarize yourself with the house selling process and understand exactly what you need to do and how to go about it. If you have considered this and would still like to try to sell house or properties yourself, here is a simple process you should follow.
Typs for selling your property privately:
- Get your house prepared to be sold: i.e. clean it thoroughly, de-clutter, decorate wherever needed, make the property look appealing and homely.
- Get your property evaluated: you need to do this even for a private property sale. Making sure you value your property competitively is important, especially for a fast sale. Do this by completing your own research, look at similar properties and the amount they have been sold for, then seek the advice of an appraiser.
- Surveys and inspections: all of these should be completed before you try to sell house. The reports from these surveys/inspections could highlight further work you need to do to get our house into a sellable state.
- Advertise your property: look at ways you can advertise your home. Advertise online, use flyers and word of mouth and go fishing for buyers (for example, call mortgage lenders and other professionals who might know of a family looking for a home.
- Start viewings: as soon as your house is on the market you can start booking in viewings and showing potential buyers around the property.
- Close the deal: it is a good idea to get to know a solicitor and/or a mortgage lender who can help you to close your deal and can help you to estimate costs etc. Make sure you have all of the documents you need as a seller to close the deal and don’t forget to try to get the best deal possible for your home, but close the deal quickly and cleanly.
Of course, selling your home yourself can save you money in the long run, however, it can also lengthen the amount of time it takes you to actually sell your property. If this is a concern, why not consider hiring an estate agent, but one that is dedicated to fast sale properties, therefore making the costs associated to selling your home much more worth it. A professional estate agent like sellhousefast.co.za is the perfect option for you, not only can we help you with a fast sale but we also tailor our sell house service to meet your individual requirements, as we appreciate not all house sales are the same.