When it comes to selling your property there are a number of different routes you can take, you could try to sell your home yourself, alternatively you could hire an online estate agent. The most traditional process, however, is to hire an estate agent specialised in a fast sale and skilled in negotiating to sell house for the highest price possible. Though there are fees associated to hiring an estate agent, the benefits associated to hiring an estate agent as opposed to a private property sale are tremendous.
Some of the benefits to hiring an estate agent include:
- A fast sale: typically if you sell go the private property sale route the whole process takes much longer. This is in part because you do not have the resources that an estate agent does (particularly when it comes to marketing) and partly because you are not familiar with the process so you have to learn as you go whereas an estate agent has foresight and knows the best way to do certain things.
- Less work for you: by hiring an estate agent you reduce your workload. The estate agent will instruct any surveyors and ensure all reports are completed, they will collaborate with legal representatives and make sure all relevant paperwork is ready and they will view your property for you. If you were to go through a private property sale you would need to do all of this yourself.
- Better sale price: estate agents will want to market your property competitively so that it attracts interest, however they will negotiate to get the best price possible. This is because usually their fees are a percentage of the overall sale cost of the property, so the more they sell it for the more they can charge you.
These are just some of the benefits to hiring an estate agent. Of course, the benefits you receive from your estate agent is greatly dependant on the quality of estate agent you hire. There are some estate agents that do not have great resources to market your property and gain interest in it, equally there are estate agents that are inexperienced and so could take a while to sell your property. The best thing you can do is research the estate agents available to you and find the one that best suits your needs. For example, if it is more important that you have a fast sale, you should hire an estate agent will a quick turnover on properties and if price is very important, you should try to find the best cheapest estate agent. Here are some things you can do to make sure you hire the best estate agent:
- Research all estate agents available and make a shortlist of your favourite.
- Do further research into your favourite estate agents by looking at customer reviews and comments online.
- Call all of your favourite estate agents and ask them a list of questions you have prepared, such as:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What is your average turnover on properties?
- Has the estate agent sold a house similar to yours and in your area? What price did they get?
- What are the fees? What does this include? (for example, are surveys included?)
- What does the service include? (i.e. what are you going to have to do? Will the estate agent get reports completed and collaborate with solicitors?)
- What guarantees do you have?
- Once you have all of this information, compare all of your favourite estate agents and select the one that is most suited for your house sale. When making this choice try not to select the cheapest option, though this may be attractive, there is often a reason why they charge less than everyone else.
If you are looking for a professional estate agent, one that specialises in a fast sale and has exceptional negotiation skills, look no further than sellhousefast.co.za. Our team of experienced and qualified estate agents can help you to sell your property quickly and easily. If you are looking to sell your property or have any questions you’d like to ask our specialists, contact us now.